Flood Risk Insurance

Flood Risk Insurance is becoming more common in the UK but is still not the easiest to obtain if you live in a particular postcode or have had a bad flood claim recently. If you live in a property affected by flood then your needs are best served by insurers with experience of covering properties in flood risk areas. Luckily The Property Insurer is partnered with one of the UK’s leading specialist providers in the UK for flood risk insurance.

Working in association with our specialist partner who cater specifically for residential properties that have either previously flooded or are at risk of flooding, we can provide you with a tailored quote to suit your circumstances and your budget.

view of a village flooded that high you cant see the streets, used to represent property insurer's flood insurance.
get a quotation button for sending off insurance quotation to the property insurer.
get a quotation button for sending off insurance quotation to the property insurer.

picture of jason mcclean the owner of the property insurer which offer various insurance including flood insurance, landlord insurance and more. Jason Says

If you have suffered flood damage in the past then you will need specialist insurance in most cases. The alternative is to pay a typically high premium with standard insurers who will load the cost against the future risk. Again, a specialist will note all the circumstances of your claim and any preventative work in the area before offering you an insurance quote; this is much more likely to be realistic and the cover you need thanks to the specialist understanding.

Most people might think it is easy to know whether they need flood insurance – namely do they live in a property that has ever flooded? But it is a bit more complicated than that thanks to the Environment Agency publishing regions at risk.

That means you may live in a property that has never flooded and on account of being on top of a steep hill and a mile from any water source, might still be in an Environmental Agency flood risk zone and therefore you may well need flood insurance to cover your buildings and contents.

What you need is to speak with a specialist flood insurance broker who understands all these different points of view. A broker that when they understand your property is on top of a hill a mile from the nearest watercourse, can actually delegate to an insurer and get you a realistic rate, not just the blanket price applied to the entire post code.

These sort of brokers are rare to find and even rarer to compare. Thankfully that is where The Property Insurer comes into play. Fill in the short quote form and three of the very best flood insurance brokers in the UK will contact you within hours and you can then compare the prices and policies and buy the one best suited to you.